Founded in 1984, Violence Intervention Program (VIP) is a Latina-led organization that provides healing, housing, and economic justice to thousands of survivors of domestic and sexual violence in NYC each year. Available to all survivors in need, VIP’s community-based programs largely serve low income, immigrant Latina mothers. VIP is deeply rooted within, and specializes in providing culturally specific services to Latinx communities.
Our clients are among NYC’s most vulnerable. They need our help now more than ever.
Right now, during the COVID-19 pandemic, VIP Crisis Responders are:
- Available 24/7 through our bilingual Hotline and M-F via our online chat
- Providing crisis counseling and emergency safety planning
- Providing safe shelter to families and single adults fleeing domestic violence
VIP programs are up and running and are needed now more than ever.
- We are accepting new clients for counseling and support services, and we continue to conduct counseling sessions with our existing clients remotely.
- Our Emergency Shelter remains open and is currently housing more than 20 families.
- Our transitional Housing Program continues to provide safe and stable homes to families recovering from the trauma of domestic violence.
In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, VIP is:
- Providing emergency resources to survivors and their families, including food and transportation
- Connecting survivors to relief efforts made available through the government, philanthropy and/or other nonprofits
- Closely following guidelines from the Department of Health and the Office of Children and Family Services to ensure that all our locations are properly and continually sanitized.
Your generous gift today will help VIP provide critical services to survivors and their children during this crisis and beyond.